Steel makes up ninety-five percent of the metal produced in the world. That’s because steel is the most inexpensive metal to create, making it a great resource.
Steel is often used to build buildings, for both industrial and personal use. Industrial buildings are a great option for commercial businesses. With a commercial steel building, you are benefiting both yourself and your business.
Read below to discover the top six reasons why you should invest in industrial steel buildings.
Great Use for a Business
The business opportunities for commercial steel buildings are endless. If you are starting a new business or expanding a current one, look into a steel building.
Here are a few uses to consider:
- Warehouse facility – These offer a large, open layout perfect for a warehouse.
- Car wash – A steel building can withstand all the water and soap used for a car wash. These buildings can feature roller doors for easy vehicle access.
- Storage facility – Divide a steel building into units to serve as a self-storage business.
- Workshop – Turn your building into a large, safe workshop for tools of any size. Your construction, tools, and noise will be safe in a steel building.
- Office space – Build office spaces into your steel building and rent them out to businesses. You provide the core office and they provide a rent check each month. It’s a win, win.
When you use your industrial steel building for a business, you’ll see a return on your investment. Soon you will pay off your building and you’ll have extra income in your pocket.
All you need is a little entrepreneurship. Soon you’ll have a successful business in your commercial steel business.
Customizable for Your Needs
While standard steel buildings are available, many companies give you options for customization. They give you the ability to contribute to the design. You can also customize the layout for your future industrial building.
Here are a few things you can customize:
- Size – Determine the width, length, and height that will best fit your needs. This will ensure your building fits on your property. It also ensures you will be in compliance with local building requirements.
- Roof style – You have the ability to choose between a vertical roof, standard roof, or A-frame roof. Each roof option has their own benefits.
- Siding style – Choose between horizontal or vertical siding for your industrial building.
- Doors – You can have two main types of doors on your building, entry and garage. Garage doors are roll-up doors that allow large equipment to enter and exit your building.
You can also customize the color and window options for your building. Businesses even offer insulation options.
Learn more about how to design your next steel building.
Environmentally Friendly and Energy-Efficient
Steel is the world’s most recycled material, making a steel building environmentally friendly.
Steel is 100 percent recyclable. Odds are your building is already made from recycled materials. And later down the road, you can recycle your building for a brand new use.
The reason for this? Steel has metallurgical properties. This means no degradation occurs no matter how many times you recycle the steel.
By adding proper insulation to your steel structure, you’ll have an energy-efficient building. Heating and cooling costs account for the majority of your business’s utilities. Through insulation, you are energy efficient and save money at the same time.
Can Withstand Hurricane-Strength Winds
You don’t have to worry about your industrial steel buildings withstanding the elements. In fact, steel buildings can withstand hurricane-strength winds.
Steel frames have a high strength-to-weight ration. This means that the material is light but strong. The ration makes it the best construction material for high winds.
In the Florida and Georgia area, high winds are a common concern. Try these other methods to strengthen your steel building:
- Use screws, bolts, and anchors instead of nails and staples during construction.
- Aim for width rather than height. A tall building is more susceptible to strong winds.
- Use thick doors and exterior panels for added reinforcement.
Industrial steel buildings are also durable in other ways. Steel doesn’t rust, warp, corrode or twist. This ensures that pests won’t invade your building. Steel buildings are also great for wet areas or areas with a lot of snow.
Steel-framed buildings have a lifespan of up to 100 years. Talk about durable!
Cheap and Quick Option
You will also save money on your insurance premiums. Steel buildings are fire are damage resistant, lowering insurance costs.
Constructing an industrial steel building is a quick process. The main reason is the elimination of the traditional planning and designing phase. Even with customization, you need minimal design work.
When you buy a steel building, all components arrive prefabricated. This allows for immediate assembly.
High Resale Value
You don’t need to worry about losing money if your business doesn’t work out or your future plans change. Steel commercial buildings hold their value better than traditional buildings.
The major reason for the high resale value is the lifespan of the building. With high durability and a long life-span, you’ll be able to sell your building as almost brand new.
Learn More About Industrial Steel Buildings
There are endless possibilities with commercial uses for industrial steel buildings.
When choosing the right steel building, look no further than Victory Buildings. We provide the Florida and Georgia area with factory-direct pricing on steel buildings. We 100 percent satisfaction guarantee the quality of our products and installation.
Want to learn more about steel building options? Read about the top ten advantages of using light gauge steel for your building.